Screw Pro-Ana

New Comers!

Unsure who/what Auntie-Ana means? Find out here

Best way to go through this blog is to go by the pages on the right hand side.

Start with the WELCOME page and work your way down for the sexiest results!

Don't miss an update FOLLOW ME!


About Auntie-Ana....

Thursday, April 22, 2010

TRICKS & TIPS

Eat lots of veggies, fruit, and protein

5-6 small meals every three hours
for example:
8:00am breakfast
11:00am lunch
2:00pm snack
5:00pm dinner
8:00pm snack

Don't eat 3 hours before you sleep!

Broccoli, baby carrots, apple, protein shakes, cottage cheese, coffee with no sugar skim milk, cereal with skim, chicken breast, tuna, celery sticks, trail mix.
 
Work out when you first wake up, and your meals in the morning should be bigger than your dinner and 8pm snack because you have all day to burn off those calories
 
Dance in front of the mirror to your favourite songs in something sexy
 
DRINK LOTS OF WATER your pee should be clear that’s a good sign to know if you’re drinking enough water
 
Cut out Pop and Sodas COMPLETELY out of your life.  All they are is gassy drinks that make you feel bloated and gross! And don't give me the "Zero Calories/Diet Pop" sob story - you know they're horrible for you, don't be bad girls!!
 
Stay on the outside of the grocery stores, once your inside the isles your in no-no-zone! Think about it- On the outskirts you have veggies, fruit, bread, meats, dairy.....interesting....! (doesnt mean evverrything thing on the outsides are good...but ok with moderation- like cupcakes! bad girl!)

Small portion control, use small plates so you don’t take too much
 
Stop eating as soon as you feel slightly full. It is sad to waste food but sooner or later you will learn how much you should eat

Confuse your muscles with working out different machines and exercises - muscle confusion gets you better and fast results!
 
Count calories but don't become a crazy freak about it. Some of my days I'll only consume 1,200 and somedays it will be around 2,000.  It's not that great to do that but you're only human! Aim for your target calorie intake and make smart and yummy decisions.
 
For max. toning - have workout days directed at a certain body part.  For example my days are:
Day 1: Arms, Chest, Back
Day 2: Legs, Butt, Hips
Day 3: Rest (maybe a yoga dvd before bed)
Day 4: Abs, Cardio
Day 5: Rest (maybe a yoga dvd before bed)
Day 6: Cardio
 
The third week switch up your reps and sets and switch up the days making sure you have a rest day after hard work outs (like legs!! those squats are killers)
 
Dance as much as you can!
 
Put on your favorite music and dance in the mirror for an hour- that's an order!

Hula hoop or skip! It's fun and you will lose weight

If your starving in between meals (the 5 meals a day spaced 3 hours apart) see if you can ignore it, but if your reeally hungry have a small snack like a granola bar, banana, small handful of nuts, veggies or a bite of left overs.  Hold off until your next meal and your body will get used to it

Take a before photo of you flexing arms, legs, butt, etc.  Check back after a few weeks of hard work and see some results

Buy the easytone Reebok's!  Tones while you walk- you might as well!
 
Remember- When weighing yourself muscle weighs more then fat so if you gain or stay the same but you`ve been eating great and working out don`t get frusterated- the fat will fall off if you keep it up!
 
Only work out for tops an hour and half - anymore time and it`s a waste because your muscles get tired and give up.
 
Just because it looks healthy doesn`t mean it is. Some premade sandwiches can be up to 1,000 calories! That`s half of what your calorie intake would be! You could have 2 premade sandwiches or you could have 5 full healthy meals.... I`d go with the second option.
 
Some other crazy finds are some `Healthy Vegetable Crackers` are 100 calories per 4! That doesn`t sound too healthy.... or sushi - high in calories which a lot of people assume they aren`t BUT they have a great amount of protein in them which your body needs- and usually 8 peices fills you up!
 
More tips laterrrrr - xx

9 comments:

  1. i love your site!! i really really do. I think its informative and helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EDK<3!! Im glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! So I wanted to ask you what should I do if I want to lose weight fast!! I want to jump start my diet. I know work out and eat healthy, NO junk food! But I wish there was something to help kick my metabolism in gear and just start melting pounds away! I notice with myself that when I start dieting, I always find myself eating more and not in a healthy way :( PLease let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, the best way to see results FAST is to wake up in the morning- go for a jog/run or skip!! Drink a crap load of water (will fill you up so you dont eat as much) and workout, and drink protein shakes. seriously just force yourself to do it one morning and youll enjoy it!! dont watch tv. if you must, do leg raises or crunches - or be drinking water. stop drinking pop and beer. these things keep you bloated and if you get rid of them, youll get almost instant results because your not bloated anymore. if water makes you bloated? then drink more more more! your bloating because its holding onto it, unsure when it will get water again. All these things, including 6 small meals are really going to kick start your metabolism. use my calculator page to find out your recomended daily calorie intake and stay under that. other ideas ive heard are to drink black coffee for the caffeine to keep you energized and burning fat but too much can make you feel faint and yucky so id stick with the 1-2 cups a day... Dont worry if your working out and eating some what healthy (vegetables, protein) the weight will soon fall off!! Even me, with all my advice I lost 5 lbs by accident... and I was only aiming for toning, so I know it works because I worked out before and ate whatever or didnt drink water before at all and my weight was always the same and I didnt have much definition so I know these little things work.... Good luck!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw thank you so much for taking the time to write back to me. I will take all your advice, I have been working out but I find it easier for me at night after my 3 yr old daughter goes to bed. I could get up earlier and run a quick mile on my treadmill before going to work and then doing my workouts at night. That probably would help. do you eat all organic vegetables? I want to because of all the pesticides. Also I do have GNC Lean shake vanilla, but I find it gives my alot of gas, does this happen to you? I love you and your site! I think it's so wonderful your here just to help people. It really does help to talk to you, your honest and you give the best advice!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks brooke!! Well I definatly try to eat local vegetables or at least in the same province/state... But of course sometimes thats hard because certain things dont grow in your area so id get organic (such as bananas!)

    And sadly, high protein diets do include some extra gas...which is totally normal- just blame it on the kids ;)

    As for the mornings vs. nighttime workouts, even if you do a couple pushups or something to get your heart going for 15 min will really help with seeing faster results, no need to run a mile!! (but hey, if you want to thats great!)

    Thanks so much for being so supportive i love tryin to help or just giving some friendly advice! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. DO you still check your website??

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this website! you do pretty much everything i do but better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Brooke, I'm back!! Only took me a couple years to hop back on the blog train :P

    I am hoping to add more stuff, but im actually amazing at how much info i have on here! What else do we need?? Maybe a little updated inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete