Screw Pro-Ana

New Comers!

Unsure who/what Auntie-Ana means? Find out here

Best way to go through this blog is to go by the pages on the right hand side.

Start with the WELCOME page and work your way down for the sexiest results!

Don't miss an update FOLLOW ME!


About Auntie-Ana....

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS

Vitamins & Supplements I take are:
  • Whey Protein Powder
  • Psyllium Fiber
  • Vege Greens
  • Jamieson Total Energy
  • Apple Cider Vinegar Capsule
  • Calcium with Vitamin D
  • Omega 3-6-9
  • Multi-Sure for Women
  • Acidophilus
  • Vitamin C Chewables
I take one scoop of protein powder with some skim milk and blend it in my magic bullet (i love the MB) after a workout - approx 200 calories- Good calories!
Or you could have a glass of chocolate milk - Great source of protein after a workout but a bit higher in fat

The one I take is just a regular Whey Protein (chocolate flavoured) It's great with skim milk it just tastes like a chocolate milk-shake.  The manager at the supplement store recommended Sensations for me because it's lower in fat and better for the low calorie intake for ladies - So maybe I'll get that one after my tub runs out.



I have one Tbsp of Psyllium Fiber mixed with a half glass of skim milk - just chug it!



I usually have my Vege Greens mixed with water - I'm going to try it in my next protein shake I'll let you know if its nasty or not... considering I have chocolate protein powder, I have a feeling it will be.....

Jamieson's Total Energy is my new favorite vitamin.  Each caplet contains siberian ginseng 100 mg, bee pollen and royal jelly 175 mg, kola nut 100 mg and rocky mountain wheat grass 125 mg and 100mg of caffein.  To see full detailed benefits click here

Because I work night-shifts and have irregular sleep patterns - even though I get my 6-8 hours sleep, my body is still super tired (My shifts are 11pm-7am) 

So I usually take Total Energy vitamin right before a workout, it's healthy, wakes me up, lets me get a full potential workout and helps my muscles recover faster.  Along with detoxifying, reduces wrinkles, slows signs of aging, anti-tumor activity, and also has has favorable effects in people suffering from chronic illness such as:
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Diabetes mellitus
  • Hypertension           
  • Rheumatic heart disease
  • Chronic bronchitis, etc
I take my Multi-Vitamin, calcium, vinegar and omega after I had a big meal whether it's my breakfast or my lunch.... I get pretty nauseous if I don't have much in my stomach and it SUCKS!  So I make sure I got a lot in there!


Make sure you have food in your tummy!!


Acidophilus = Amazing Vitamin!
  • Not only does it help with your digestive system but it also prevents and cures yeast infections, urinary tract infections and cystitis! Who wants those? yuck!
  • It helps if you struggle with upset stomach issues like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
  • Improves lactose absorption in people who are lactose intolerant
  • Aids the treatment of respiratory infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia.
  • Lower the risks of allergies such as asthma, hay fever, allergies to milk and skin reactions such as eczema.
  • Help in treating high cholesterol
They are the same healthy little bacterias (Acidophilus Lactobacillus) found in yogurts such as Activia

And the great Vitamin C Chewables... I eat them like candy! Whatever your body doesn't need you just pee out anyways :)

Enjoi and be healthy!

xx

Do you have any supplements/ vitamins you reccomend? Share!

11 comments:

  1. Ok by the way... Psyllium fiber mixed with skim is friggen NASTY! It was hard to get down... It was like drinking sand with some milk.

    Although it is healthy and helps with weightloss... I might switch to the tasteless fiber-to-gos........ I don't think I could do that everyday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Auntie-Ana... thank you for all your tips! Love your website!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Thanks Brooke! Glad to hear you like :) Let me know if theres anything youd like to see in the future ;)

    Auntie-Ana
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, how long have you had this website? Just wondering what your goal is and what do you hope to do? I am just wondering for myself. I am sure I will have questions for you....and by the way you are very beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you Brooke! :)

    well I made this about 3 weeks ago - my goals are to tone and be super healthy - a super sexified fitness queen. haha - another huge goal is to increase flexibility which I haven't been too successful at quite yet... But this stuff does work and its been working for me so I thought Id share it considering I was always googleing things and i wished there was a site with everthing on it.. so i made one!

    Without necessarily wanting to lose weight I lost about 5 pounds using all my info- but i imagine it was all the crap leaving my body so i think its a good thing!

    Another big reason I wanted to make this website is because there are so many pro-ana websites out there I used to look at and they give the craziest unhealthy tips to girls and its so hard for those things not to get imbedded into our brains. there are so many young girls reading that and get into it and it slowly kills them. Even I catch myself thinking of some of the quotes and I have to be like whoa get out of my brain!

    So I thought there needed to be a site that was the same- but in a healthy way :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for so much for your web page, I am sure you will help alot of people, including me! I started working out this week and I have to say it feels so good once I get going. I have been doing alot of body weight training and cardio. I am going to take your advice and start doing some yoga. I am not flexible at all, especially when I am stretching lol. I want to lose 15lbs, everyone says I look fine, I might carry it well but I dont feel healthy and I am not happy at all. I feel since my daughter Meadow has been born almost 4 years ago I havent tried to lose the extra weight. I am sick of not doing anything about it and I am making some really healthy changes in my life and thanks to you I have the extra help ad important information, lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you Brooke! That means so much to me that you like this site and the information is helpful to you. I know what you mean about trying to lose weight after a child, your so consumed with this little life its hard to think of yourself. But I think shes at an age where you can sneak away here and there to work on yourself and you will be so much happier if you get some you time for sure! Also dont worry about the scale so much after all, muscle weighs more than fat so it could mean you lost fat and replaced it with some muscle.. try measureing yourself and see if you see results that way. Either way, it takes a little while for weight to start falling off, so keep at it and youll see results soon! Most importantly you feel good doing it so Im proud of you! oh, and Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, I had a nice mothers day! Well I do work 40 hours a week so by the time we get home, I cook dinner, give her a bath its almost her bedtime so we play and then at 8 when she goes to bed I go to the garage, my new workout place, I made it so I can be alone and not only is it my workout space, its also my escape from everything. I put me head phones on and I really get into it. Of course pre workout I am forcing myself but as soon as I get in there I love it!! Just by you saying it will take a little for the weight to fall off makes me want to push harder :) I know your right but I do get discouraged when I am eating really healthy and working out and I don't see results, makes me want to give up! Thanks to your site, I go on here all the time, makes me want to keep going! Thank you so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. so, i have a question: what do all of these supplements and vitamins do? a few of them- I have never heard of and am very interested in learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome to hear brooke keep it up! :)

    Hey EDK<3: Well most of them are just vitamins you need in your daily intake and you dont get enough of them from food, such as calcium- you can never have enough, it makes your bones strong along with helping you sleep etc. Along with the multi-vitamin, vege greens, fiber, omega and vitamin c. taking those everyday will make your body happy! they are all nutrients and things your body needs but doesnt get enough of.

    As for protein powder: protein is necessary for the building and repair of body tissues.
    It produces enzymes, hormones, and other substances the body uses.
    It regulates body processes, such as water balancing, transporting nutrients, and making muscles contract.
    Protein keeps the body healthy by resisting diseases
    Prevents one from becoming easily fatigued by producing stamina and energy.
    .....In other words, whatever you worked out- it will make it worth your while!

    Apple Cider Vinager: Helps with speeding up metabolism! they say take a shot of vinegar everyday but id rather swallow a vitamin!

    Total Energy vitamin: it is a vitamin that pretty much does the same thing as a coffee... dont take it with coffee or any other caffeine drink because it will double the affect which isnt a good idea. It just wakes you up feel energized and ready- i usually take it when i wake up before i go workout

    Acidophilus: Has billions of bacterias in it (good ones) that help with your stomach and front bum lol helps digestive system and prevents/cures yeast/urinary infections :)

    Hope that answered your questions!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg yes it answered my questions!! i just didnt know all this stuff! i had heard something about drinking the apple cider vinegar. but the other things...great news. i drink the nutiva hemp shake...ever tried it? i heard it was pretty good for you- but i might try something different once the container is used up

    ReplyDelete